Completely Distracted


I know we talk a lot about being distracted here at Mighty Distractible but, folks, I have to to tell you... 80 degree weather in March, in Wisconsin, is the equivalent of being stoned. I can't focus on anything!


I'm plodding through work and, about every 10 minutes, I stare out the window and think about how badly I want to be raking my garden.


I walk outside and my brain fizzles at the feel of a WARM breeze hitting my lungs.


I meander around the block with my dogs and the ground is a riot of color from early blooming crocuses and now daffodils.



My brain simply can't handle the dichotomy of May weather in March.


The cynics around me keep saying that they're "waiting for the other shoe to drop" - a stupid euphemism for the expectation of another snowfall soon. However, I simply refuse to believe it.


This past Sunday morning, I took down the winter, insulating curtains and put up the summer shears. My living room was immediately transformed from a cozy cave of darkness to a sun-filled paradise - and I could see every speck of dust that had accumulated over the last six months. I spent the day dusting and vacuuming (hoovering for you @pinkundine!) and generally ushering in the Spring. That made it official. I nearly moved on to my closets and to put away winter clothes but thought better of that. While I don't believe it's going to snow again, I do imagine I'll need sweaters (occasionally) for a couple of months yet.


This weekend I'm tackling the yard - as long as the weather holds. My cherry tree has leaf buds ready to burst and my flowers are breaking through the fall mulch.




Welcome Spring and thank you Global Warming. I've never been happier to be a Wisconsinite.


- Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment