Friday Finds: The Best Sugar High


You are, of course, all aware of my predilection for cooking. However, I'm not sure that I've ever truly express the depth of my sweet tooth. I also have a "fat tooth" but that's another blog post...

Today I'd like to introduce you to two things:

1. My wonderful friend John's awesome cartoon strip, Dork Tower, and
2. Igor Bars

Named for the character Igor, from Dork Tower, these diabetes-inducing treats include:

flower bullet chocolate chip cookie dough (from recipe on bag of chocolate chips or purchase pre-fab dough in a tube)
flower bullet peanuts, 1.5 cups
flower bullet caramels, 100
flower bullet milk, 3 teaspoons
flower bullet semi-sweet chocolate chips, 16 oz.
flower bullet Rice Krispies, 6 cups
flower bullet marshmallows, 10 oz. (or one very large jar of marshmallow creme)
flower bullet margarine (eliminate if using marshmallow creme)
flower bullet M&Ms, any variety
flower bullet toffee chips or bars
flower bullet anything else you think is excessive


Here's the link to the original recipe. If you scroll down on the page, you'll find a number of ridiculous and yummy variations.

And here's the original comic with a pretty perfect representation of what happens when you eat Igor Bars:

 


If you end up making these, please write me and let me know how you like them! Also, please read Dork Tower. It's consistently one of the funniest commentaries on all things dorky and popular culture.

Bon Appetite!

- Alex

1 comment:

  1. Those bars look sinful! Perfect! The comic is funny and drawn very well! Thanks for the intro!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete